The AHCI Ombudsman facilitates problem-solving between consumers, family members, providers, Community Care Behavioral Health Organization, and Allegheny County that promotes the principles and practices of resiliency and recovery.
The Ombudsman helps Allegheny County HealthChoices behavioral health care and/or drug and alcohol service users to:
- understand and be able to exercise their rights
- find advocacy services in the community
- navigate the complaint and grievance process
- Consumers of Allegheny County HealthChoices mental health, alcohol, drug, or other addiction services
- Parents and guardians of children who are HealthChoices consumers
- A family member or friend of a consumer, with the permission of consumers aged 14 years or older, to act on their behalf.
Contact the Ombudsman if you are having problems with exercising your health care rights, believe there's been a violation of your health care rights, or you have questions about your rights and you don't know where to find the answer.
Ombudsman contact information: