The recovery coordinators at AHCI do a variety of tasks, but are primarily responsible for teaching the principles of recovery to different agencies and groups throughout Allegheny and Beaver Counties.
They attend meetings and participate on committees in order to learn more about recovery topics and how to disseminate that knowledge to break down the stigma attached to mental illness. They visit personal care homes, drop-in centers, clubhouses, and other organizations to educate others about wellness and recovery.
Other activities include:
- Working with Allegheny County’s Coalition for Recovery subcommittees
- Offering feedback on documents where consumers are the intended audience
- Providing the consumer voice on adult and child behavioral health committees
- Presenting county initiatives to providers and members
- Other trainings and speaking engagements as requested
- Helping with the Community of Recovery Partnerships (CORP)